This is a course for yoga teachers, fitness professionals, holistic therapists who want to develop their skills so that they feel confident and able to plan, create and deliver safe and effective classes/therapies to those living with or affected by cancer.
A general background of information on common types of cancer.
2. Develop and show empathy for the cancer patients journey including not only the cancer patient but empathy for families, close friends etc).
3. Learn to construct a safe and effective relaxation yoga class for survivors.
4. Explore the Yamas and Niyamas as a basis for creating a safe and compassionate class.
5. Explore the Yamas and niyamas as tools for dealing with stress, anxiety, pain, fatigue, death and dying.
6. The language of hope i.e. using appropriate language to support cancer patients.
7. anatomy and physiology of cancer for common cancers.
8. the reality of dealing with death and dying.
This course will be based at Revive Hot yoga and fitness studio.
Cost is £395 – we run 3 courses per year – constanct is for information on our next course
You will recieve a training manual and certificate of completion.
20 CPD points accredited with YA.
£150 deposit required to secure space